22 Things You Didn't Know About Me

I have been wanting to do this kind kind of blog since a long time because I feel my readers might not know me enough so here are 22 things you probably didn't know about me.

 WHO AM I ACTUALLY?

  1. My full name is Julie Lisa Van Langenhove. I'm named after my two great grandmothers Julia and Alice. 
  2. I'm turning 22 on the 18th of August. I still don't realize I'm already that old though. When someone says he or she is 23 I'm like wow so old and then I am like oh hello me I'm turning 22 this summer.
  3. Because I'm born in the summer, it's obviously my favorite season. Definitely because we have two to three months of vacation and there's always so much to do.
  4. Although I'm a summer child, my favorite color is black. Everyone always laughs with the fact that I wear so much black but I just can't do a thing about it. Black makes me feel good. Don't worry, I'm not a total gothic, I have a lot of other colors in wardrobe as well. Actually my favorite color is pink if I'm being honest but that's less wearable throughout the year.
  5. I'm living in Merendree, a small town not so far from Ghent. Ghent is where I spend most of my life though. I actually can't wait to start living there, the city is so pretty and vibrant. Must visit if you ever come to Belgium.
  6. I'm a single child but I have two dogs: Martha and Rudolph whom you might have already seen on my Instagram and who I love very much. What leads to a lot of spamming sometimes, my friends on Snapchat will feel me here.
  7. I'm addicted to dogs. I would even cross streets to pet dogs. I really wouldn't mind to end up with a dozen of dogs if I can't find a decent man, I actually would love it.
  8. At the moment, I'm doing my internship at Belize Corporate for my study which is International Entrepreneurship. Normally and hopefully I'm graduating in June/July. That's why I'm totally stressing now about what I want to do afterwards. Working or keep studying? And then where will I work? What do I want to study? Where? ...
  9. My mom has two clothing stores in the middle of Ghent where technically all my clothes are from. Except for bags, shoes and accessories, although that's sometimes the fact too. That why I don't wear a lot of other brands and spend all my money in rather expensive stuff. 
  10. I got my driver license since I was 19 years old and got my first car around the same time. Double yasssss and big luv here for my parents.
  11. When I was little, I got bullied. It became too much to handle when I was about 10 years old and that's when I changed my school to Ghent. Best decision ever!
  12. I've always wanted to become a model but I never got the right sizes. If you really want to break through in this world, you need to be very skinny and have some imperfection which makes you special. Or the fact of having a famous name or family (member) does a great thing for you too.
  13. I love food and going out for dinner way too much to stop eating. So anorexia will never be a part of me. When I do lose weight, it's because I have too much stress. 
  14. Across from what many people might think, I'm not confident at all, I'm actually very insecure. That's partly because I got bullied so much when I was little I think. Sometimes I have periods when I do feel more confident and pretty but those don't last very long. I think my uncertainties might have also been one of the reasons why I never made it as a model and also the reason why I could never have survived in that rough world.
  15. I think a lot of people don't get why I am blogging because I don't promote my blogs that much, even though I'm writing new blogs all the time. I really love writing about my life and my experiences with fashion, beauty and lifestyle, that's why my blog didn't die yet. But the reason why I don't share my blogs on my social media that often is because I am scared about what people are going to think or say (hello there again insecurity). Although I think if I would do that more, that I would have even more readers than now and I would get things free as well. Because to me it seems a lot of people just want to be a blogger or Instagram blogger because then they will get things for free. If that ever would be the case for me, I would like that very much but that's not the reason why I'm blogging. I'm blogging because I feel good doing it. 
  16. Sometimes I want a tattoo which has a big meaning to me. I would want it on a place that not everyone gets to see, only people who really matter to me. But then I'm like why would I want a tattoo that no one ever gets to see, what's the use of that? So then I'm like ok no.
  17. LIPSTICK is key to me. Even when you are not wearing any other make-up, a lipstick will still make you look good. That's why I have such a big collection of lipsticks which I keep enlarging because I find it such an important item to have in your beauty collection.
  18. My make-up collection is indeed tooo big but I'm loving it.
  19. My favorite movies are the Harry Potter series, number 3 is the best evaaa. I know I'm a total nerd right? I have others which I like as well like Fool's Gold and The Wedding Date but Harry Potter really is my all time favorite, it will never bore me.
  20. I'm also totally addicted to tv-series like NCIS, NCIS LA, NCIS New Orléans, Quantico, Blindspot, Designated Surviv... Okay, you get the picture. First thing I do when I get on my Macbook is look if there aren't any new episodes on any of the ones I'm following at the moment.
  21. I hate 13 Reasons Why. I watched the series because everyone was talking so big of it but actually I really don't like it. It's very tensive because you want to know how it will end but actually I really really really hate Hannah Baker. Really who kills him/herself and then decides to make tapes on why he/she killled him/herself. I know they made the series to show people who have the same issues that they should talk to people but what if it makes people doing the same thing as Hannah Baker did? Not good. I think killing yourself is very selfish and you are not thinking about the people who actually do care about you, like your parents. Even though they are mad, they will always love you. Things always get better even when it seems it never will. It's my buddy Dumbledore who said that happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light and he's totally right about that and everyone should remember that.
  22. Follow me on Instagram. I'm almost up to 1700 followers but it keeps going up and down and it's really killing me.
I hope you now know me a bit better. There are some more personal aspects between the 22 things but I felt like people should know that about me. If there ever is something you would want to know about me, just shoot the question and mail me on julie.vlhove@hotmail.com.