Velvet Teddy VS Viva Glam II

As I promised in my blogpost about the daily make-up routine that I used in the Dominican Republic, I would write a blog about the Mac Cosmetics Velvet Teddy and Viva Glam II that I have. 

The reason for a blog about this two particular lipsticks is the fact that they are so much alike but still so different.

First one: Velvet Teddy - Second one: Viva Glam II

The biggest differences in the two shades is that the Velvet Teddy has a more dark beige colour and that he has a matte finish. The Viva Glam II is a more soft pink-beige lipstick with a glossy satin finish. 
 
From left to right: Velvet Teddy lipstick - Soar lip pencil - Viva Glam II lipstick

Since about a year I always use a lip pencil when I apply a lipstick. Lip pencils really help to define, fill and line in your lips. They also help to hold the color of the lipstick you are wearing on top of them longer. 

The lip pencil 'Soar' matches well with both the Velvet Teddy and the Viva Glam II lipstick. When you wear Soar with Velvet Teddy, your lips will become darker. When you wear Soar with Viva Glam II, the lipstick will become more clearly and it will stay longer. 

Here on my arm, you can see the different swatches. From top to bottom: Velvet Teddy lipstick - Velvet Teddy II lipstick - Soar lip pencil.

In the following pictures I will show you the colors your lips are getting with the lip pencil and both lipsticks. 
Sorry for the awkward pose and look but they are selfies...

My basic rule before applying any make-up or lipstick is using a balm to nurse and hydrate my lips. Right now, I'm using a shea lip stick but you could also use a simple Labello or some Vaseline.

On this picture I applied Soar, you can see that the lip pencil gives your lips a soft brown-pink color.
On this picture I'm wearing the Velvet Teddy on top of the Soar. You can see that my lips get a darker color than without the lipstick.
On this picture, I'm wearing the Viva Glam II on top of the Soar. In comparison with the picture above you can immediately see that the Viva Glam II turns the Soar much lighter but without the lip pencil, you almost can't see the lipstick because he has such a light color.


Mac Cosmetics has a lot of different lip pencils but many of them have the same hue. You actually can choose yourself which lip pencil you wear with what lipstick but you have to keep into account that the lip pencil more or less will decide which undertone you give your lipstick. Like with the Viva Glam II, the lip pencil makes the color much darker than it actually is. You also have to make sure that you don't chose a too dark lip pencil with a too light lipstick because then you will have a too clear line and that's not pretty.

Comments