How to fix a broken lipstick?

Nothing is more disappointing than a broken lipstick. Certainly when that lipstick happens to be one of your favorite colors and a limited edition.

In this blogpost I'm showing you how you can fix a broken lipstick. There are a lot of different ways how you can fix them but I chose the solution that also helps you to save some place in your make-up stack.

What I'm doing in this picture is actually wrong, more explanation further in this blog.

A few days ago my prettiest and most favorite wintery coloured Mac Cosmetics Diva Antics lipstick broke. Really heartbreaking! Certainly because it's a limited edition... Sometimes Mac Cosmetiscs still has them on their site but now they don't.


As I love the lipstick so much, I decided that I couldn't just throw it away, I had to fix it! So I searched YouTube for different ways how to do it and I came to the solution to store it in a container. Thus I can also save some place in my make-up box!

Actually I already began with scooping out the rest of lipstick which was still in the tube and put it in the container before I discovered what I actually had to do. So the first picture of this blogpost is wrong!

Storing your lipstick in a container is also much prettier because when you try to put the broken lipstick-piece back in place, it will never look like a normal lipstick again and you only have more chance to break it again when the lipstick doesn't stick well. So I personally think that storing a broken lipstick in a container is the best solution ever. 

What do you need for fixing your broken lipstick? 
- Something to scoop the rest of the lipstick out of the spoon (I took some scissors but a bended paper clip is also good idea)
- A large spoon (large because you are going to melt the lipstick into the spoon)
- A container to put the lipstick in (you can find some example here, here and here)
- A lighter or a candle (if you go with the container method, I would recommend a candle)

Let's begin!

You take your broken lipstick and scoop all the rest of the lipstick which is still in the tube out of it and drop it on the spoon. As you can see there's still a lot of lipstick left in-there so you want to get all of it out. 

After scooping out al of the base, you have to melt the lipstick so it becomes fluid.

Then you lit your candle and hold the spoon with the lipstick in over the candle. Not to close to the flame so the formula of your lipstick doesn't change. You will see that it will melt into a lipstick sauce.

When it's liquid enough, you have to pour the lipstick into the container and put it in the freezer for several minutes and ta-daaaa! Finished!


It seems really easy and quick to make but if you don't have a solid hand like me, it's much more difficult! Next time when I try to do this, I will probably try to do it with my mom or my boyfriend! Also as you can see I don't have a lot of pictures from during the process because my bathroom and my hand technically got painted in the Diva Antics color as well... 

The result!

Now the only thing I still need is a lip-pencil to apply my re-born Diva Antics lipstick on my lips!

Comments