Fashion Trend | The Nuisette

When people are talking about the Nuisette, you probably think immediately of a nightdress. Well, it's a bit the same kind of dress but this year's trend allows you to wear one, not only by night, but also by day. 

The Nuisette can also be named a slip dress or when there's a possibility of lace in it, a lace dress. 

Anabella Lace Front Dress - Are You Ami

My first thought about this new fashion trend was that I found it really daring to be wearing something so intimate by day. Definitely because the dress is often made out of silk and lace, and these are fabrics that are often thin and see-through. But after seeing it a few times, I somehow become accustomed to it and I started to like it. 

Picture found on Tumblr

I even like it some much now that I told my mom that she should buy dresses like this for her shops because I think it will become a real summer trend. Since the fabric is so thin, it's clever and easy to wear it when the sun is out and when the weather is really hot. 

Picture found on Tumblr

The dress is not that popular yet but I follow Rumi Neely on Instagram and she wears it all the time. She even designed Nuisettes herself and sells them at her shop 'Are You Ami' but the dresses are very expensive!

Crushed Velvet Zillah Slip Dress - Are You Ami
Zillah Slip Dress - Are You Ami
Persephone Wrap Dress - Are You Ami
 
It's not the first time the Nuisette became a trend because back it the nighties, you could already find some pictures of Kate Moss wearing such nightdress by day.  


Kate Moss

You see...
Old trends always come back in fashion!

Comments