DIY | The Shorts Edition

Maybe I already told you, maybe I didn't but on Friday morning I am leaving for Mexico. If you have been following me for quiet a long time than you might know my parents and I also go to the sun in January or February. My dad and I do want to go skying but my mom is too scared that she might break something and then she wouldn't know what to do with her shops.

So this year we are going to Mexico. It's not the first time we go there, as we already have been there twice on a cruise stop. Now we are staying there for about 10 days. Our hotel is not that far located from Playa Del Carmen so really cool.

I already want to say sorry to all the people who will hate me because of palm trees and summer spam. But #sorrynotsorry because this winter weather is really killing me.

I'm writing this blog because I saw this really cool pair of shorts on Instagram or Tumblr, I think it was Tumblr, where the pockets were cut out and I thought the short was so cool so I decided to try to make a short this cool myself. 

I know that now you can find a lot of over-ripped shorts and trousers with patches and everything you can imagine on it but actually with an old pair and some patches which you can find technically everywhere these days, you can make it yourself. The perfect activity for a lazy Sunday afternoon!




You only need a few necessities; you need a pair of scissors, I'm using a pair of old shorts (a long jeans can be used as well) and some stickers or patches (what you prefer yourself). 

I decided to cut the pockets out of my short like I had seen on Tumblr. At first I was scared that I would cut wrong because sometimes I'm a bit clumsy but I watched out a lot and it all went great. Beneath you can see the shorts with their pockets cut out. 



Then I used some stickers which I saw when I went shopping with my mom for the shops. 
I used three stickers at the frontside and two at the backside because it's a first try and I didn't want over-do my shorts.

This is the frontside of my kinda new pair of shorts.

Defenitely loving the "on wednesdays we wear pink" sticker, luckily I have so many pink tops!

And this the backside. 


I know this might be a kind of random blogpost but I love to be creative and I love to draw clothes but as I often shake with my hands, I'm not great at really making and sewing clothes but this is something which is really easy to do so I wanted to share it with you. 

No picture yet of me wearing my new ultrasupercool kinda new shorts because it's too freaking cold in Belgium but keep an eye on my Instagram, you might be seeing it there within a week!

Comments