Review | Kenzo x HM

First, what the fuck did you do America??? RIP ♱

Then last week, on the 3rd of November, the new collaboration between H&M and a new famous designer launched.  

This year the brand teamed up with the Parisian fashion house Kenzo. The collection has launched online and in selected stores worldwide. Like every time, the collection was sold out directly. Well all the cool pieces were because when I went to take a look a day later, there were still some pieces available. 

Let's take a look at their previous collaborations and this year's one. 


The window of the H&M shop in the Rue de Rivoli in Paris

Since 2004 we have known the collaboration between Karl Lagerfeld & HM, Cavalli & HM, Comme Des Garçons & HM, Lanvin & HM, Versace & HM, Marni & HM, Maison Martin Margiela & HM, David Beckham & HM, Isabel Marant & HM, Beyonce & HM, Alexander Wang & HM and Balmain & HM. Really a lot of collaborations if you ask me...

I can best testify about the last two collaborations because those two were really big and exciting names for me as I love these two brands a lot

In the past, the only time I still had a good chance to buy something cool after the launch had happened, was with the Alexander Wang x HM collection. And I'm still not over the fact that I didn't buy this really cool white crop top in that collection, and it has already been two years! 


AlexanderWangxHM

Last year with the Balmain x HM collection, I was waiting on the site for an hour before the collection launched and then when I finally got on the site, the only things I could still buy were the accessories. I didn't do that because I personally think that they costed a lot and it's much cooler to have a clothing item from such a collaboration instead of an accessory


BalmainxHM

As this year, I live in two countries and have two addresses, I tried on the Belgian and French site to get something from the collection. I would really have loved to go to one of the stores in Paris where they sold/sell the collection but I really have a lot of mandatory classes here. A lot more than I had in Belgium so I had to go to school. 

First, I tried on the French site but there I got put in the queue so I tried on the Belgian site, first the one in flemish but no luck and then the one in french. There I had my big luck and I had the opportunity to buy the black t-shirt from the collection in size small.


The t-shirt which I ordered, here worn by blogger That Girl With Her Blog

I'm really happy that I got the chance to buy this t-shirt because this one and the white one are about the only two things I really think are worth the price and so worth buying. The only other things that I would like to have had, are the keychain, the bomber and one of the scarves. 


The purchases of blogger Lise Desmet
KenzoxHM bomber worn by blogger Laurence Ameele

Famous Belgian blogger Annabel Pesant wearing the bigass black and pink scarf of the collection

The other looks of the Kenzo x HM collaboration are rather special but Kenzo is known for the repeated use of special patterns and textures. It is said that the creative directors of Kenzo wanted to design a collection who would last a lifetime. Well, I rather think that in a year or two, people will look back at the collection and think like wow why did we think it's was pretty then... 


KENZO x HM ☆

Except from the pieces that I wanted and told you about, I personally think that the clothes are really not worth their price, or even go into a queue for three hours to get maybe one piece, or even worth to being bought at all but that's really my opinion.  

I do hope when I get home tomorrow, my t-shirt will be already delivered so I can take some outfit pictures with it, and maybe write an outfit blog about it. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I have a quiet stupid ending of my Kenzo x HM adventure. 

So you know I ordered the black t-shirt from the collab collection, which you can see here somewhere above worn by Belgian Blogger That Girl With Her Blog

About three weeks ago, the mailman came to bring it but at that moment there was no one home so my mom or my dad had to go and get it at the postoffice but they didn't so my t-shirt got send back to HM and I absolutely don't know what's going to happen with it now...

So not cool but maybe it was God telling me that I already have enough random black t-shirts with texts on. And maybe I know myself I do too.

Comments