Travel Diary and Outfits | Republica Dominicana

In this second blogpost from the Dominican Republic, I will enlighten you with what I have done and which outfits that I wore every night on my holiday to the Dominican Republic. It might give you inspiration for when you go on a holiday trip soon there or on holiday in general. 

Before you start reading this blog, you need to know that I am that kind of girl whose outfits and make-up need to be perfectly on point wherever she is. So when I am on holiday, that doesn't make it any different. 

Not to make you jealous but we were watching the sunset by the pool with a delicious cocktail!

My Dominican Adventure started on Sunday the 24th of January. We left in the morning and we were supposed to arrive at our hotel at a descent time so we could still go for dinner but due to some delay, it was already quiet late and we went straight to bed.   

Monday the 25th of January:

The next morning when we woke up, it was trickling so we decided to have a long breakfast by the beach and explore the hotel afterwards. Later in the morning, the weather cleared out so for the rest of the day we didn't do much else than sunning and sleeping at the beach.


What did I wear that night?
Crop Top and Short: Atomium & Scipio Ghent
I decided to wear this long-sleeved crop top on the first night because I wasn't so tanned yet. I know I do have bare legs with this outfit but I don't know why but my legs never seem really tanned.
Bucket Bag: Michael Kors
Platform Sandals: Cinti 
 
Tuesday the 26th of January:

For the next two days, we didn't do much else than tanning and sleeping at the beach. We did walk along the beach until we couldn't go any further. Along the way, we saw some really cute little red crabs. 

What did I wear that night?
Dress: Atomium & Scipio Ghent
This white and black dress is one of my favorite all-time holiday dresses which I got from my mom's store a few years ago. Every time that I clean my closet, I have this idea that now the time has come to throw it away but I just can't, I love it too much. 
Bucket Bag: Michael Kors
Sandals: Zara


Wednesday the 27th of January:

When I'm on holiday, I can sometimes be really boring and not looking to do anything at all and it seemed that this holiday was such a holiday. So except from two trips outside the hotel, I wasn't really in for doing much else than tanning, sleeping and reading a book. 


What did I wear that night?
Blouse: Atomium & Scipio Ghent
This beautiful crochet blouse is from the new collection of Atomium, I'm really in love with it because you can either wear it like you see it on the picture or off-shoulder. 
Bag: Louis Vuitton (Eva Pochette)
Jeans: Atomium & Scipio Ghent
Sandals: Liu Jo

Thursday the 28th of January:

After three days of sunning and laying at the beach, the time had finally come to do some visiting. We had booked a tour with a woman named 'Mama Gina' who was from Bruges (Belgium) and who had been living in the Dominican Republic for 18 years now. Mama Gina was really the best kind of guide you could have to do a trip there.


We visited multiple towns between Bayahibe and Punta Cana. We even went to a family where they showed us how they grow their fruits and vegetables them-selves, and they told us many things about it and about their way of living. 


My mom, Mama Gina and I
One of the most important products of the Dominican Republic is sugar cane, they have endless fields of it. The Dominicans themselves don't work there, they let the Haitian people work on the fields. It was hard to see how much these people are exploited, they are basically treated as slaves. We visited a town in-between the fields where Haitian families live. It was nice to see how blissful the children were with the soaps, clothes and candies with had with us as presents for them.


Children working in the sugar cane fields
Working in the sugar cane fields is not without dangers, in the earth live many insects like tarantula's. When the female tarantula bites, she may give poison whereby a human can become seriously ill or even die. 

André with his tarantula Andrea, isn't she the cutest?

What did I wear that night?
Top: Atomium & Scipio Ghent
Bag: Louis Vuitton (Eva Pochette)
Short: Atomium & Scipio Ghent
Sandals: Frida

Friday 29th of January:

Before I left on holiday I swore to myself that I would drink another cocktail every night because wherelse is a more perfect place than to drink cocktails? So after three days of being boring as hell and only drinking Gin and Tonic, I decided the time had come to try something new and I did, I tried the Mango Margarita and for the rest of my holiday, I only drunk that. 


A cocktail a day keeps the doctor away, right?

What did I wear that night? 
Blouse: Atomium & Scipio Ghent
Bag: Louis Vuitton (Eva Pochette)
Short: Atomium & Scipio Ghent
Sandals: Liu Jo      

Saturday 30th of January:


And again, only sleeping and tanning at the beach.
Yeah, I know right, why always that beach? 
Well, the view was just so much nicer over there than by the pool and it also was much easier to stay in the sun as there was much more wind there.

What did I wear that night?
Dress: Atomium & Scipio Ghent
This dress is available at Atomium. 
Bucket Bag: Michael Kors
Sandals: Frida
We only had one pair of black heels with us and my mom stole them that night but I don't think it's such miss-fashion to wear these gold sandals with my dress. Definitely not because all the details of my dress, bag and accessorizes are in gold. 

Sunday 31th of January:


On Sunday we had another visit, this time with visited an Island named Soana, north of Bayahibe. We went there with a speedboat which was a really nice experience. We visited two places on the island, one place that was owned by a very rich Dominican family and the other was like the capital city of the island. In this last place, we had lunch and we did a tour in the little village. 

The next picture is one of my mom and me. What do you think of our self-made burqas to protect our hair?


My mom and I at Saona

On this beautiful island, I also bought some souvenirs, namely a bracelet, ring and earrings with the national stone named Larimar in it. 

This jewelry will be a perfect fit with practically every outfit that I wear in summer!


What did I wear that night?
Top: Atomium & Scipio Ghent
Necklace: Atomium & Scipio Ghent
Short: Atomium & Scipio Ghent
Bag: Louis Vuitton (Eva Pochette)
Sandals: Frida


Monday the 1st of February:

It has been two years that we started taking pictures for my mom's stores with me as a model when we are on holiday so we decided that we would do that again this holiday and the result is splendid! Personally, I think this is the most beautiful shoot we have done already. The clothes just matched so good with the setting. 

Tree-hanging addiction...

If you are excited and want to see some more pictures we took there, then click here!

What did I wear that night?
What did I wear that night?
Dress: Atomium & Scipio Ghent
What I like so much about this dress is that it looks like a crop top and a high-waist skirt but it just isn't because at the back it is stuck together.  
Bucket Bag: Michael Kors
Heels: Zara    

Tuesday 2nd of February:

Sadly enough, this day was already our last day at the Dominican Republic. But we spend it well with some more sunning and sleeping and we also did a stroll along the beach into the town of Bayahibe so we wouldn't be sitting all-day. 

To end our holiday, we had dinner at the Sea Grill with the most amazing view!


Perfect way to end the perfect holiday!

What did I wear that night?
What did I wear that night?
Necklace: Atomium & Scipio Ghent
Blouse: Atomium & ScipioGhent
Bag: Louis Vuitton (Eva Pochette)
Short: Atomium & Scipio Ghent
Heels: Liu Jo
We left on Wednesday morning and had now stayed ten days in the Dominican Republic. One part of me really wanted to go home to my own bed and my doggies but another part of me would really have survived another ten days in that kind of weather and certainly in that hotel. It just had everything; a beach and a garden to walk in, multiple restaurants with the most delicious food to choose from and the friendliest staff ever. But I really can't forget about those delicious cocktails that I tried.

Normally we had to come back at 5 in the morning on Thursday but due to a lot, too much, delay, we arrived two hours later than planned. Next time if I'm going to the Dominican Republic or what I would suggest if you want to go, do take a direct flight!

Comments