Holiday Look | Republica Dominicana

As I told you in one of my previous posts, I decided to write two posts about my holiday in the Dominican Republic or in the Republica Dominicana like they say it. The obvious thing would be that I would put the one with my travel diary and dialy outfits online first but the one of my holiday look is finished first. As it's already been a week that I posted something, I decided to post the one of my holiday look online now and the other will come online later this week or in the beginning of next week. 

So in this blogpost, I will tell you a bit more about the dialy make-up routine that I used when I was on holiday. 


The most important essentials

I personally think that when you are on holiday, it's nice to have an easy make-up routine to use. Certainly when you are having your holiday at some place warm because when you use too much make-up then, it might make your face look sweaty and that's not really attractive! 

This picture beneath is one of my most favorite looks from when I was in the Dominican Republic. I always did my eyes and eyebrows exactly the same but I changed my lipstick depending on what outfit I was wearing. But like I already told you in many of my previous posts, this lipstick I'm wearing here, the 'All Fired Up' of Mac Cosmetics, is really my favorite lipstick so obviously totala favorite look!


Picture shot by my daddie

In the next paragraphs, I will explain in details which make-up I used where and in which order. 


Picture shot by my daddie

In this picture above, you have a good look on how my everyday eyeshadow look was in the Dominican Republic. 

To start my make-up routine, I always applied my Anti-Blemisch Solutions Clearing moisturizer from Clinique beneath a little amount of my Blemish Balm foundation of Dr. med Christine Schrammer. This moisturizer really helps to reduce the amount of acne where I sometimes have trouble with. 

Normally I would use my Compact Powder of Park Avenue next but as the evenings were still so warm in the Dominican Republic, I decided not to do that because I didn't want the sweaty face where I talked to you about earlier. I did use my Concealer-Corrector of 2B sometimes to obscure clear pimples. 

I always do my eyebrows before I apply my eyeshadow and mascara. I first use my Deep Dark Brunettes Brow Liner from Mac Cosmetics then my Dark Brown Browdrama from Maybelline and at the last, still a bit of my Fluidline Brow Gelcreme from Mac Cosmetics to darken my eyebrows just a little more. As you can see, I spend a lot of time make-upping my eyebrows... This is just because I think that eyebrows are a very important aspect which you can't forget about in your make-up routine.  

Since the beginning of January, I use a Paint Pot from Mac Cosmetics as a base for my eyeshadows. Until now, I'm sadly enough, the owner of just one paint pot, namely Perky but I'm about to change that very soon. I chose for the color Perky because that matches a lot with all of the eyeshadows that I use.

Then I always used the Lash Supreme Volume Mascara of BE Cosmetics to see if I applied enough of my paint pot.

On holiday, I had my Urban Decay Naked Pallet 1 with me but I didn't use if very often because I also had the nine-coloured pallet named Burgundy Times 9 of Mac Cosmetics with me from which I used two colours in specific all the time, namely 'Honey Lust' in the beginning of my eyelid and 'Star Violet' at the middle and ending of my eyelid.

After applying my eyeshadow, I always used the False Lashes Mascara from Mac Cosmetics and one of my Maybelline mascaras because they help to make my lasher longer and darker. 

As final touch, I still apply a little line under my eye with my Metallic Grey Kohl Crayon of Park Avenue so my eyes seem bigger and more blue. 


Picture shot by my daddie

Then last but not least, applying a lipstick! I didn't take all my lipsticks with me because my heart would really break if I would lose one. So I took the lipsticks with me that I use the most. These are Velvet Teddy and Viva Glam 2 (these two lipstick are so much alike but still so different - soon a blog about those on the blog), Cream In Your Coffee, Retro, All Fired Up, D For Danger and Viva Glam 1 A24. 

When you are reading this, the first thing that might pop into your head is 'wow this are still a lot lipsticks she takes with her', well for me it's not. The second thing that might pop in your head is 'what are all these names', well these are all Mac Cosmetics lipsticks and yes I do only own Mac Cosmetics lipsticks... I would say shame on me but I'm not ashamed because these lipsticks are just so damn good! 


Picture shot by my daddie

After I got back, I didn't really change my make-up routine a lot from the one when I was in the Dominican Republic. Instead of only using the Burgundy Times 9 pallet of Mac Cosmetics, I now also use my Urban Decay Naked Pallet 1, my Park Avenue Compact Powder and some more wintery Mac Cosmetics lipsticks.

Comments