Travel | Weekend to Paris

Last weekend, I went on a Citytrip to Paris with my boyfriend for his birthday. 

It's the first time I went back since I had my Erasmus there in the second semester of 2016. This means it took me a whole year to go back, how sad is that? 

Definitely because I liked it so much there? And also why didn't I go back earlier, when I totally felt myself there? 

Okay back to last weekend. I had the best time ever. I was so glad I could spend this weekend with my boyfriend in Paris. It was our first trip together and I seriously can't wait for the next one. 




My boyfriend already went to Paris as well, really who hasn't? So we decided to visit the things we both wanted to see again and which are the most romantic. 


We went from Saturday morning until Sunday evening, I thought and still think that this is quite short for a weekend in Paris but we visited most of the things we had on our list. 


We were in Paris at about 11 o'clock. So we decided to drop our luggage at our hotel in Le Marais and then go for some lunch. The weekend before we left we searched the internet for cool lunch and dinner places, that's how we found Café Méricourt. It was such a cosy and cool place, and it had the best food and service! The waiter was so epic.





Doesn't it look too jummy? 

First, we visited Montmartre. At first, I didn't really like Montmartre but then I got the opportunity to get lost in all the little streets surrounding the Sacre Coeur and the Place du Tertre and now I love it. It might as well be my third favourite neighbourhood in Paris, after Le Marais and Ile Saint Louis. 








We went up to the Sacre Coeur and continued along Place du Tertre. Online I read about this vineyard Montmartre has so I hoped we could visit it but sadly enough it was closed to the public. It's so weird to see a vineyard in the middle of Paris though. 



Isn't this the weirdest image ever? 

After that we went to the Mur des Je T'Aime. I've heard of this wall from when I was here on my Erasmus but I never found the place and now I did. It's so cool that there are so many different I Love You's in so many different languages and dialects on the wall, don't you think so too? 




We wanted to go to Angelina for breakfast but couldn't make a reservation online, that's why we thought I would be a good idea to go there and try to make a reservation while being there. I knew the place was along the Jardin des Tuileries but I didn't know exactly where until I saw a bunch of people waiting in line. The place was swarmed and I immediately didn't want to go to have breakfast there anymore because I hate to have to wait too long for food.  


We went along Rue du Rivoli because I wanted to go to Sephora en Kiko as you have neither of those in Belgium. We still had a drink and then went to our hotel to get a quick nap as we had been awake from 5h30 something that morning.


We had reserved dinner at 20h at Le Petit Marché, I didn't go there before but it had real good recommendations on Tripadvisor so it was worth a try. And we had the best dinner ever. We shared a starter and then each had a main dish. The restaurant had this typical Parisian cosy atmosphere.




In the morning we were quite sleepy and didn't put an alarm clock. 

At that moment I would have loved so stay in bed all day but we had so many other things to visit so we couldn't.


Doesn't this bed look too comfy? 

As we wanted to go to Angelina anymore to have breakfast there, we had to find another place and that became Café Charlot. I had heard of the fact that they have the best hot chocolate in town so I wanted to go there to have a drink anyways but then we decided to just go there for breakfast. 


We took this formula where you could choose between coffee and hot chocolate, fresh orange juice, croissant or pain au chocolat and eggs with french baguette. All for the price of 12,5 euros. Not expensive at all and so jummy! The best way to start the day!



So Parisian! 



We did want to visit something cultural but I didn't feel like going to a museum, so we decided to visit the Opera. You have a new and an old Opera in Paris and we visited the old one, Opera Garnier. 






The picture below shows my favourite ceiling in the Opera. 

How pretty is it? I just kept staring at it.



I catched this view from inside the Opera. At the end of the street you can spot the Louvre.




As Galerie Lafayette is right next to the Opera, we decided to go there afterwards. I wanted to go the Saint Laurent store but weirdly enough I couldn't find it, how weird is that? I also wanted to take a look at the Gucci store but I skipped that quite quickly as there was such a bag line (mostly Chinese people) waiting to go inside. 






My most favourite aspect about Galerie Lafayette besides all the brands that I love there, is the fact that they have this amazing rooftop that oversees the whole city. 

You literally can't go to Paris without going up there.



At noon, we went to Pink Mamma. You know one of the Italian restaurants of the Big Mamma group. You can't make a reservation which is really sad because everyone apparently knows that the food is so good so there's always a ton of people waiting.


Here are some pictures so you can get an image of how the restaurant looks.












Pink Mamma is near Pigalle, it's a three story pink building and we had the chance to have a table at the highest level. 

If you can choose where to sit, do ask to sit there. It's so pretty up there. 
I didn't even have the feeling being in Paris, I had to feeling of being at the Italian countryside. 

We first shared some mortadella and burratta, and then my boyfriend took a pizza and I the famous truffle pasta. 









I clearly went big...

After having the perfect lunch, we went to see the Eiffel Tower because you obviously can't go to Paris without seeing it. We went up Place du Trocadero because you have the best view there. Then we walked all long the Seine to Place de L'Alma and Avenue Montaigne because I wanted to see the Saint Laurent and Gucci store there. 

I didn't find something I liked so I didn't buy anything. So proud of myself. 







Then we headed back to Le Marais where we still had a drink at La Favorite before getting our luggage and going to Paris Nord.




I had the best time in Paris last weekend and I can't wait to go back. Only this time I won't wait another year before going back. 


More pictures of my trip will be posted on my Instagram account, I have enough pictures to last a month. Sorry not sorry!


So what's your favourite thing in Paris? Let me know in a comments below. 

Comments