Purina Dentallife

This week I'm bringing you a totally different blog than usual. It has a different subject than the usual fashion or beauty talk but that doesn't mean that it's a less important one.




As you all may know by now (my friends definitely do) I'm a big dog lover, like over-the-top big dog lover. Although I have two dogs myself, I would still stop or cross the street to pet another dog. A bit crazy but hey that's me. 

If you have been following my blog and my Instagram for quite a long time, you might have seen my dogs passing by. I have two mini-schnauzers Martha (almost 5 years) and Rudolph (almost 2 years) and they're the cutest and sweetest and the coolest ever.


I love them both very much and I wouldn't want something to happen to them. That's why it's so important to pay attention to their health.  




People always talk on how important it is to keep ourselves healthy, like our muscles, our heart and our teeth. It is said that we need to brush our teeth every morning and every evening (I often forget to do it in the morning oopsie) and that we need to go to the dentist yearly. 


But then what about the health and the teeth of our best friends in life? Our dogs? They can't brush their teeth as easily as we do. So we need to give them something good for their teeth like Dentalife by Purina. Because good food gives a good mood right?


Dentalife has special sticks that clean the dog's teeth down to the gumline and they even clean the hardest-to-reach teeth. While the dog enjoys his stick, he chews and cleans his teeth at the same time and this also removes the tartar.


On Wednesday I had my dogs Martha and Rudolph have a special dentalcheck by a veterinarian (she also did a check of the heart and their breathing). She explained me more on what happens with the dog's teeth when we don't pay attention to them. Because I like dogs, I will enlighten you with her story.


Martha and Rudolph being super existed about whom this human might be

A dog may get tartar if a bacteria places itself on the teeth and when it's not treated rapidly enough. When it hasn't been treated, the dog can get a 
bad smell of breath, gingivitis (which is inflammation of the gumline), the gums around the teeth can withdraw and he can even lose his teeth. When it's been going on for a longer time, there can also occur other inflammations on other areas and they can get heart problems and so on. As you love your dog dearly, you don't want anything bad to happen to it and you need to take care of them. 



Rudolph was really sweet during the time the vet checked him


Martha was scared so my mom and I had to pet here while the vet was looking at her teeth

To not get these bad consequences you can take some measures to maintain the oral hygiene like brushing your dog's teeth every day with a toothpaste especially for dogs, you can use some kind of special atomizer or liquid in order to prevent the tartar from settling on the teeth or give them a chewing stick who will make the tartar go away. 


If too much tartar builds up on your dog's teeth, you can't use one of the measures explained above and then you will need to go to your vet so he can descale your dog's teeth. 


As the chewing sticks of Dentalife by Purina can even clean the toughest and most hardest-to-reach teeth which are the the most sensitive for tartar, these sticks are definitely better than others. 



"Is that food?"

In order to make the sticks really work, you need to give your dog a stick daily to make sure it has a real effect on a longer term. They also help to get a better less smelly breath.



She likes it

On the pictures you can see the first time of me giving the sticks to my dog. As you can see they were really excited to try these sticks, actually they are always excited when they see food, and I think they enjoyed them. They took it to their favourite place around the house and ate it. I try to give the sticks after they have come in in the evening, as a reward or during the day when they have been good. 

Comments