Current Favorites | October '17

I finally have some new products in my make-up routine so I'm giving you a new current beauty favourites blog on Jules Little Talks. 

Two weeks ago I bought a new paint pot, an eyeshadow colour and a brow pencil from Mac Cosmetics who I'm now using in my make-up routine. Since a few weeks I'm also using a new moisturizer and foundation. Let's go and I see where I put some changes.


To start with my daily make-up routine I apply the Clinique Moisture Surge or the Vine Active 3-in-1 moisturizer by Caudalie in the morning to moisturise and hydrate my skin before applying all my other make-up. After that I apply the Anti-Imperfections Corrector by La Roche-Posay (in the colour medium) because this foundation gives my skin a natural glow and doesn't make me look too tanned because for me that doesn't really look natural with the other parts of my body being so white. Sometimes I also still use the Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream (in the colour light- or medium), definitely at night or on special occasions. 

Before I start applying any other eyeshadows on my eyelid, I apply this neutral eyebase from Kiko first, it helps my eyelid make-up stay longer. Then I apply the Mac Cosmetics Painterly paint pot which may ring a bell because I have been using this for a long time. After that that I use another paint pot named Bare Study which has a golden colour and makes my other eyeshadows look better. 



Further I still use three shades of the Mac Cosmetics Burgundy Times Nine eyeshadow pallet and the colour YDK of the second Naked pallet by Urban Decay, although that one's almost empty so I bought a new eyeshadow color from Mac Cosmetics, namely Jest which is a frost eyeshadow colour and looks kinda like Honey Lust but less sparkly and more peachy coloured. 

I use Mac's Honey Lust (copper couloured) for in the beginning and middle of my eye lid, Urban Decay's YDK (bronze coloured with a metallic base) or the new colour for the remaining part and Mac's Antiqued (brown copper) on top to give it a special touch. I use Mac's Star Violet (sparkly winered coloured) for at the end of my lid to add a special touch at night or when the colour just matches my outfit.


I still use the same mascaras going from the Be-Creative's to the Mac's but the Mac Intense Black Extended is my favourite to really extend my lashes. 

So I told you guys earlier on my blog that the Bobbi Brown eyebrow pencil that I bought in the beginning of summer was already empty so that I was using some old pencils in the remaining time. I prefer the waxy touch much more than an actual crayon, that's why I went on a search for a new one. I bought a new one at Mac Cosmetics and it's named the Brow Sculpt Brow Pencil. The pencil allows you to sculpt and colour your eyebrows. The colour is called lingering and has the exact same colour as my eyebrows. After that I still use the Maybelline's sculpting brow mascara in transparent and/or deep brown.

To finish my look I still use the Mac's mineralize blush and my extra dimension highlighter in fairly precious. When I want to cover other spaces or things I don't want to have seen I use the NC25 Studio Fix by Mac, I often keep this in my handbag because it's really handy during the day.


Besides some changes in my make-up routine, I also bough a new lipstick. 


In the middle of September the lipstick collaboration between L'Oréal and Balmain launched at Di. I didn't think many people would know about this collab so I waited for about a week to go to Di to buy a lipstick. The only lipsticks that were still were this nude color, Urban Safari, and this khaki color, Balmain Instinct. The khaki is a bit weird and very special so I went for the nude colour.  




I really love everything about this lipstick. The colour, the texture, how long it stays and even the taste and the smell is good. So now I really feel sorry for myself that I didn't go earlier to Di so I could buy more colours. So stupid of myself. 


On the picture above you can see Urban Safari together with Mac Cosmetics's Twig. They're my two most favourite colours at the moment. Other lipstick colours that I wear at the moment are Mehr, Craving and Amourous; all by Mac Cosmetics.


Comments