Trend | KC Sunnies

All styles come back into fashion. And this season it's the turn of the typical kinda sunnies Kurt Cobain used to wear. 




Kurt Cobain is known from being the leadsinger and gitarist of the famous band Nirvana. Sadly enough he already passed away in 1994 at the age of only 27, that's like me in 4 years - how sad. 

His music is really from before my time but some of his songs I know and still listen to, like Smells Like Teen Spirit, which is such a classic. (Link here - Listen while reading)



On the previous pictures you can see which sunnies I'm talking about as Kurt Cobain is wearing them. They have a rather specific form, as they are quite oval. They are really nice if they fit your face but I'm sure that with some people they won't fit so I think it's better if you look for an alternative on these sunnies but more about that later.

I really wanted these sunnies but I didn't want to spend too much money on it as I know they probably won't be in fashion for longer than one season. That's when I saw the identic ones as the ones of Kurt Cobain on a blogger who I hadn't been following for such a long time. Hers came from Brandless Amsterdam

I decided to take a look on the site and decided to buy this one I'm wearing on the picture beneath. I did hesitate between the white and the red one but went for the white one. A few days later I got an email from the brand saying that it would take a little while longer for me to get the pair of sunglasses so that I would get an extra gift and there I went for the red KC sunnies. Just my luck, now I have two pair.




You can find the sunnies that I have and so the exact ones KC had in this link. They cost 18 euros.

If you're not sure these will fit you as they have a rather specific form, I have two alternatives for you. 

On the Brandless Amsterdam site, I also found another pair of sunnies who look kind of like the KC ones and you find them in this link in several colours. They cost a bit more than the other ones, namely 21 but that's still not that overpriced I think. 

You can find another option on the webshop of Style Repertoire. This version is also different from the original KC sunnies and more girly and elegant too. They only exists in white and costs 14,95.