Current Favorites | June 2017

Another month so that means new and old beauty favorites. And this month also includes my new products from the recently opened Bobbi Brown store in Ghent and my new highlighter from Mac Cosmetics.



To start my routine I still use my Clinique Moisture Surge and my Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream in 'light medium'. I love this concealer so much as it has such a light-weighted feel but it's still great to hide things I don't want to have seen while it also gives your skin a natural look.

For my eyes, I still use my Mac Cosmetics Painterly paint pot as a base for my eyelid with three shades of my Mac Cosmetics Burgundy Times Nine eyeshadow pallet and the colour YDK of the second Naked pallet of Urban Decay.  

My current obsession

In March, I wrote a blog about my current favorites too, that's where I told you about the fact that I hated it when you use palettes where you like some colours more than others and so they go empty faster than others and then your palette gets really useless afterwards actually. Well that problem is solved because now I have a separate jar of each of the colours I use all the time. I really could just not not buy those, oepsss...

The colours are Mac's Honey Lust (copper) for in the beginning and middle of my eye lid, Urban Decay's YDK (bronze with metallic base) for the remaining part and at night Mac's Antiqued (brown copper) and Star Violet (sparkly winered) for at the end of my lid to add a special touch. 


After having literally all good make-up stores in Ghent like Mac Cosmetics, Nyx and Urban Decay at the Ici Paris XL, all that was still missing was Bobbi Brown. And since a month or so we also have that in Ghent, how cool is that? 

So what about you Sephora, when are you actually coming??? We need you. 

Bobbi Brown is part of the same group as Estee Lauder, Clinique and Mac Cosmetics but opposite to Mac, Bobbi Brown is much more expensive and they try to reach for a higher segment. Another difference with Mac is that beside make-up they also have a range of skin care products. 

I haven't had anything from Bobbi Brown ever before so I bought two things at the new store, namely the long wear cream shadow stick in golden pink and the perfectly defined long-wear brow pencil

The cream stick is said to stay for more than eight hours without fading. So when I don't like to wear a lot of make-up, this stick is perfect because the color that I have is sparkly but never too much. I apply this with a little of the Honey Lust eyeshadow in the corner of my eye and it fits really well together. The stick is really easy to apply as well.

I have been looking for a new brow pencil for a long time but I didn't know if I wanted to stick with the same one as I had before (one from Mac Cosmetics) or if I wanted a new one from a different brand. But as you can see I bought a new one from another brand and I'm really loving it. The pencil has two sides, one to brush your eyebrows and the other one to apply the colour. The difference with my old pencil is that this one has a wax-formula which is long lasting and holds all the hairs into place. 

Next to a Bobbi Brown store, Mac Cosmetics also has a second store in Ghent but I'm staying with my beloved store in the same street as my mom's store as it's so easy to go to

After the baking trend in make-up, is now highlighting really in style. So after buying some highlighters from several cheap brands and deciding that I loved its effect, I bought the extra dimension blush from Mac Cosmetics in fairly precious. A very natural highlighter.