MY HOTSPOTS IN PARIS


Well, ehm, that took a while...
BUT IT'S FINALLY HERE;
My hotspots in Paris!

Since I have been living in Paris for almost four months and because I will always see the city as a second home, I thought that it would be a great idea to write about my favorite places and must see things in Paris.

I'm writing about fashion, food, drinks, lifestyle, etc.



I'm starting with the COOL SPOTS in Paris. These are must visit places, touristic and not touristic but which you have to see when you are in Paris if you are asking me.

Canal Saint-Michel is a canal located in the 10th district of Paris, together with its surrounding streets, it’s very cozy to walk around.



You can find a lot of places to brunch over there. I know two good places, one I have already been to and another of which I heard it was good, namely:
Le Poutch
13 Rue Lucien Sampaix, 75010 Paris


Holybelly
19, Rue Lucien Sampaix, 75010 Paris

Les Colonnes De Buren Magistral are a must visit photo stop on your tour around Paris. This square is located next to the Royal Palace. I visited the place when it was grey and rainy so that really reflects into my pictures but when the sun is shining, it’s really pretty out there.

The famous Japanese coffee bar Café Kitsuné is also located in the galleries around the square. Perfect for another cool photo stop.


Île Saint-Louis is located right in the middle of Paris, next to Île de la Cité, and is my favorite neighborhood to hang around in the city. The streets are really small and cozy.

One of my most favorite restaurants in Paris is Le Saint-Regis. It has a brasserie kitchen with cocktails, burgers, pasta, etc. Throughout the day you can catch the sun on their terrace that has a great view over Île de la Cité.



            Adress: 6, Rue Jean du Bellay, 75004 Paris

Le Notre Dame is located next to Île Saint-Louis on Île de la Cité. It’s nice to have a picture with the cathedral or just to enjoy some sun at the park next to it.



Jardin de Luxembourg is the place where all the Parisiens and Parisiennes hang out when the weather is good. This is the perfect make-up garden if you don’t have a garden or even a terrace at home. It’s so big out there with football, basketball and tennis courts, chairs to chill and a lot of place to walk around. 



La Défense is like New York but then in Paris. When my parents were visiting me, my dad wanted to visit La Défense but I didn't want to go. Little did I know that it would be so impressive. It's really does look like New York but then in Paris. I never knew Paris had so many high buildings, and that they would be so pretty and so cool.


What obviously also can't miss from your list is the Eiffel Tower. Most pretty when visited by night. Or when you're taking metro 6 between the stops Passy and Bir Hakeim and see this pretty lady popping up when you look out of the window. 


If you want to get drinks and food with the view of the Eifel Tower, I would strongly recommend you go to Café de l’Homme, it’s the restaurant of la mussée de l’Homme and is located next to place de la Trocadéro where you have a great view of the Eiffel Tower. The bar/restaurant is rather expensive but the good view makes up for that unconvience.


            Adress : 17, Place du Trocadéro, 75016 Paris

Le Marais is my second favorite neighborhood in Paris. It’s also my favorite place to have ‘un apéro' or have some dinner. Also perfect to walk around and get lost

Some addresses I have which are located in Le Marais are:
Les Petits Carreaux
17, Rue des Petits Carreaux, 75002 Paris


Le Compas
      62 Rue Montorgueil, 75002 Paris   

Bianco Pizzeria
            60 Rue Montorgueil, 75002 Paris

Next to eating and drinking in Le Marais, you can also decide to just walk around and get lost. I hope you then end up at Place des Vosges. This is a park in the middle of Le Marais with galleries and the most expensive apartments of entire Paris around it.

Le Louvre is a great spot to take cliché pictures as if you’re touching the top of the pyramid or if you just want to admire the mix of old building with new buildings. I haven't visited the museum yet but I heard it's free for students so that's a good thing (-- that’s if you are student tho). And I also heard that the Mona Lisa painting is much smaller then everyone claims it to be and that you aren’t able to see it very clearly because of the Chinese grouping before it.


The Opera of Paris is the prettiest Opera building you will ever see. I didn't know it was there when I came out of the metro one time and I really looked at it with open mouth but that might be because I'm really into buildings and architecture.


Another great neighborhood in Paris is Montmartre. That’s where you can find le Sacre Coeur. If you walk all the stairs up, you won’t be needing fitness for over a week and you will have the most amazing view over Paris.


After admiring the view for way to long, you can come back down and pass by la Place Du Tertre where you can let yourself be painted by the many painters gathered at the square.


If you take the right streets back to the metro, you will be able to see le Moulin Rouge, the much rumored cabaret venue. You can also take metro 2 and go to the stop ‘Blanche’ to see it.



Then onto my most favorite part of this blog, namely the part where I talk about FASHION.

I suggest big spenders go to Rue Saint-Honoré or Avenue Montaigne. That’s where all the expensive stores are gathered in Paris.


After a good shopping session at Avenue Montaigne, you can have lunch or dinner at L’Avenue and have another cliché picture or meal. I went there once but I personally prefer other restaurants in Paris above this one. You’re paying for the name and popularity of the restaurant, not the food.



When it’s raining, Paris thankfully has some other great venues to shop. Namely le Bon Marché, Galeries Lafayette and le BHV Marais. These ‘malls’ have the best of both expensive and normal (-- read: normal prices) stores


Cool extra of Galleries Lafayette is that they have this amazing rooftop with a great view where you can have a drink, namely the Moët Bar.


Rue Rivoli is another great venue to do some shopping with typical brands like Zara, H&M, Oysho, Mac Cosmetics etc.

Located on Rue Rivoli, the restaurant La Favorite has kind of the same concept as Le Saint-Régis with a brasserie kitchen with cocktails and burgers. For me it was a great restaurant to end the day after a day of shopping and visiting. Or to have brunch around 11 A.M. with their great eggs benedict.

 
Here are some other RESTAURANTS that I didn’t mention before but do need to be mentioned in this blog.

Season is the hotspot of the moment. With its great interior and menu, everyone wants to go there. Their avocado toast, acai bowls and pancakes are the best you will ever taste. This place should be your first go-to place regarding food on your visit Paris list.



Clearly one of my favorite restaurants if you see the amount of pictures of this restaurant.

            Adress: 1 Rue Charles-François Dupuis, 75003 Paris

Another great place for cocktails and burgers is PNY,
They have two places, one at: 1, Rue Perrée, 75003 Paris and another at: 96, Rue Oberkampf, 75011 Paris.



I know I know a lottt of hotspots to go through but they really are all worth mentioning in this blogpost.

One last tip:
Go by metro through Paris, it really goes everyone and you can have day and weekend tickets who cost less than the normal ones which is a big plus. I would suggest if you go out late at night that you take an Uber. I have heard stories people about being harassed or stolen from at night in the metro and I don't want that to happen to you.