Traveldiary | Mexico

In this blogpost, I’m going to enlight you with my outfits and must visit places of my trip to Mexico.

I went there between the end of January and the beginning of February. We had good weather, an even better hotel and the people were so nice. I took a lot my typical holiday outfits so you might have seen them already in one of my previous blogs but there are some new outfits as well.

Can I please go back? Belgium is literally killing me.

Let's start with my travel outfit. 

It took us nine hours to fly to Mexico so I really needed a comfy outfit to wear on the airplane. 
I wore a sweatpants with an oversized sweater, with my gucci inspired jeans jacket and fur slippers. Clothes are from Atomium and shoes from Les Jumelles. 
And not to forget, my Louis Vuitton Neverfull bag because I can fit my life into there.

My travel look
The back of my awesome jeans jacket

Then over to my other outfits. Almost every night I wore something else but then I discovered how pretty the new collection blouses actually were and I wore each blouse twice.

 Blouse & Jeans ➩ Atomium Ghent
Bag ➩ Stella McCartney
Heels ➩ March23
 Jumpsuit ➩ Atomium Ghent
Heels ➩ Kanna
Jeans Jacket & Long Dress ➩ Atomium Ghent
Bag ➩ Stella McCartney
Heels ➩ Paris Londres Knokke
Blouse & Crochet Shorts ➩ Atomium Ghent
Bag ➩ Louis Vuitton
Heels ➩ Kanna
 Dress ➩ Atomium Ghent
Bag ➩ Stella McCartney
Heels ➩ Paris Londres Knokke
 Dress ➩ Atomium Ghent
Heels ➩ Paris Londres Knokke
Crop Top & Skirt ➩ Atomium Ghent
Bag ➩ Stella McCartney
Heels ➩ Paris Londres Knokke
Blouse ➩ Scipio Ghent
 Shorts ➩ Atomium Ghent
Blouse ➩ Scipio Ghent
 Shorts ➩ Atomium Ghent


Must visit places in Mexico are definitely Playa Del Carmen, so many other pretty beaches, Tulum, Chichén Itza and the typical Mexican cenotes. 

We visited Playa Del Carmen in one of our first days in Mexico. I personally think it's nice to see it once to know what it it exactly. I think it's much cooler to go there at night to get drinks or dinner but as I was on holiday with my parents that would be a little weird. We didn't have the need to visit any other beaches in Mexico as our hotel's beach was so pretty and endless to walk on.



We also went swimming with turtles. Actually I don't really like swimming in the sea because you never can see easily beneath you and I guess I watched too much Jaws and Piranha when I was little. But now we had a mask so I guess that made me less scared. Together with that, we also visited a cenote. 


Jup... This is how tanned I get.

I had already visited Tulum when I went to Mexico for the first time when I was very young so we didn't visit that again but we did visit Chichén Itza. Although the drive was about 6 hours in total, it was really worth seeing. It is so impressive that people have build something like that and that's why it definitely deserves to be on the new seven world wonders list. 


We bought two hammocks from this cool guy there.


On our way back in the afternoon after we visited Chichén Itza, we visited a little town (I forget the name) where the typical Mexican housing style is still remaining. 
It made me think a little of how Cuba still looks these days. 




Mexico is the perfect place to go if you want to have a relaxing vacation with some small excursions. 
I think January to March, maybe April too, is perfect but the summer months are definitely too hot.

Comments