Review | Sleek Make-Up

The last time I was back in Belgium and went to Di, I already saw that they had a new rank of make-up in their store but as I didn't have enough time to take a long shopping spree, I only had a quick look at it. As I'm back now and went for Christmas shoppings a few days ago, I decided to take a better look at it. 

The rank appeared to be from Sleek Make-Up. I already heard about this upcoming brand and I also saw that they had it at Sephora

I bought two products from it: the Matte Me lipgloss and The Control Shine & Prime. 

Let's take a closer look at the brand and the two products. 




Sleek Make-Up is a brand from London, and is known for their good price-quality products. This means their products have a low price for the best quality so really recommended. 

The Control Shine and Prime is an oil-free mattifying primer that minimizes pore and skin imperfections. It creates the perfect base for an all-day shine-free finish. This means it matifies the skin, creates an even canvas for your foundation and also will help to prolong the wear of it. 

I never have used a primer before so this was a first for me. The texture of the primer is rather thick but I think that's to create a layer on your skin. It's really easy to apply and you don't get a feeling that you are wearing it on your skin so that's a plus for on hot summer days. I have been using him for a couple of days now and I still don't have any irritations of it. 



This primer costs €10,49 in store and online. 


I also bought the Matte Me lipgloss in Birthday Suit. This gloss is a liquid lipstick with a matte finish. It's easy to apply and after a few seconds the lipgloss will have a matte look. It doesn't vanish and it doesn't dry out your lips so it's really comfortable to wear. 


Actually this lipgloss is a lot like the matte liquid lipsticks from Kylie Cosmetics. They both are liquid when you apply them and dry and turn matte afterwards. The only difference is the price. The Kylie Cosmetics lip kits cost $29 and the lipgloss singles cost $17, shipping and import costs not included. This gloss from Sleek costs €7. 

Swatches from top to bottom: Candy K - Birthday Suit - Posie K


Also this gloss looks a lot like the Candy K and Posie K gloss from Kylie, it fits somewhere in-between those two colors. Birthday Suit is pretty nude colour with a pink berry touch.

Sleek is also really popular for their highlight pallets. I hesitated on buying one of these because I didn't know the brand but now that I have tried some of their products, I think I might buy one of those too. Either one of those, or either one of their contouring pallets. Or maybe even both...

I would really recommend this make-up to you, as it doesn't cost a lot and has a really good quality.

Comments