Traveldiary | #JulesàParis

I have been living in Paris for a month now and I want to tell you about how my stay has been so far and also tell you about some places which I really like and which I think you should definitely visit when you come to Paris. 

The view over Paris from the rooftop of Galeries Lafayette is the best ♛

In France the semester starts on the 1st of September so I really felt like a highschool kid again when I had to go to school but the fun thing is that I already finish with my semester at mid December so I don't have to study for any exams during the Christmas break. This is really like the first time in three years that this will happen so I really look forward to it and I will really enjoy this period to it's fullest with family and friends. 

I came here together with my dad because my mom had to work. It was nice that he was here the first days to help me settle into my little apartment, do the groceries and to discover Paris a bit. 

Together with him, I visited Le Marais, the neighborhood of Avenue Montaigne and the Champs Elysées and the neighborhood of the Eiffel Tower

From the moment I saw Le Marais for the first time with my own eyes, I knew that this would turn out to be my favorite district. All the little shops and restaurants, the cute streets, the artsy looks... It's just amazing to walk through that district!

Avenue Montaigne and the Champs Elysées are the best streets if you want to watch all the things you can't buy. There you also have little streets with a lot of cool places to eat. If you go there I would suggest the restaurants Chez André and Le Relais De L'entrecôte

When you have never visited the Eiffel Tower you should really go up there but if you have, I would suggest that you go to the Trocadero place. From that place you have the best view over the Eiffel Tower. If you want to spend some money and have a drink with an incredible view, I would suggest that you have a drink at the Café de l'Homme there.

Let me show you some pictures from when my dad was here. 

The corner of Place des Vosges.


Place des Vosges.


A cosy restaurant at Place des Vosges.


The Gucci store at Avenue Montaigne.


Avenue Montaigne.


The Chanel store window at Avenue Montaigne.


Dior Joallerie ad at Avenue Montaigne.


A cosy Italian restaurant at Avenue George V.


The food at Chez André.


Avenue Montaigne and the Harry Winston store by night.


A travel quote to definitely keep in mind.


At the Trocadero Place.


Drinking coffee at the Cafe de l'Homme with the best view.


Les Invalides.

In my second weekend in Paris, a friend from home came visiting me and it was really fun! I visited some things which I already visited with my dad but I visited also some new stuff so let me tell you about that. 

In the two days that he was here, we really did a lot of walking, like between 10 and 20 kilometers each day but I didn't mind because I like walking, definitely in a city like Paris. 

On the first day, we visited Le Marais because if you come to Paris, you should definitely see that district if you haven't seen it before. We walked by Place Des Vosges, Centre Pompidou and Les Halles then we had a Drink at a little cosy café called Le Compas in Rue Montorgueil. After that we went for dinner at Le Relais de l'Entrecôte in Rue Marbeuf. They really have the best steak, best sauce and best French (-Belgian-) fries. 

The next day, we went to the Opèra of Paris and Galeries Lafayette at Chaussée Hausman. There I saw all the bags I want to have but don't have the money for. We did all the floors up to the rooftop where we had the best view over Paris. Then we took the metro to go the Quartier Latin but we ended up at Île Saint-Louis where we took a break to have lunch at Le Saint-Régis. After that we continued our journey through Quartier Latin where we saw Le Pantheon and Le Jardin Luxembourg. Then we walked along side the Seine on Les Quais and took the metro from Place de L'Alma until the Trocadero Place where we ended our day. 

My friend is really the best photographer ever so let me show some pictures from these 2 days. 

Place des Vosges

Apéro at Le Compas
La Tour Eiffel at night

L'Opéra

Galleries Lafayette

Sunglasses at Galleries Lafayette

The rooftop of Galleries Lafayette

The rooftop of Galleries Lafayette

Lunch at Le Saint-Régis

View from Île de la Cité of Île Saint-Louis

Closer look of my outfit

Next time when I really visit something I definitely have to go to more the North of Paris, like Montmartre and so because I haven't seen these since I have been in Paris.

If you're excited to follow my adventures in Paris, make sure to check the #JulesàParis on Instagram because I post all my pictures with this hashtag

I also made a second Tumblr-account to post more pictures than I do on my Instagram because I often have the feeling people get irritated with you when you post too many pictures there. Except when you're some famous blogger or person, then it's okay.  So if you're interested in seeing more pictures of my journey here and just thoughts into my life, make sure to check out: laviedej.tumblr.com or just click here

Comments