Review | KYLIE COSMETICS

My Kylie Cosmetics review is finally here! I know I have been telling I would write it since I got them at the end of June but I had to take a break from writing for a while after my exams and take some serious needed vacation.

But I'm back with loads of new blogs on their way. Starting with this one. 


Picture stolen from Instagram

For people who are not yet up to date to all the Kylie Cosmetics hoopla. The inventor of the brand is Kylie Jenner. You know the little sister of the Kardashians, who is always coming in the news and magazines. She has invented these lipkits, glosses, mattes and now also an eyeshadow pallet, creme shadows and an eyeliner kit.

So here starts my Kylie Cosmetics story.

Everyone who knows me, knows I spend a lot of time to my make-up and then especially to my lips. I never go out the house without a lipstick and even when I'm at home I often wear nude colored lips (like now). I have tons of lipsticks and so many more still on my wishlist. That’s why it’s weird that it actually took me so long to finally decide that I would buy the Kylie Cosmetics and then it took me even more time to finally get my hands on them. 

Okay, actually it didn't take that long to buy them because one night I was at home and I saw that Kylie would restock her lipsticks at 3pm pacific time, what is midnight in Europe. So I just went on the site at about a quarter before 12 and I just kept refreshing until the site was online.  Then I selected my products and bought them. A few minutes later I got the confirmation about my purchase. 

The buying process of Kylie Cosmetics actually went really fast and I really don't have anything negative to say about that. But afterward the misery started... 

The journey to send my Kylies from Los Angeles to Brussels actually went really fast, certainly when you know how long I waited to get the Kylies through the Belgian customs. And then when it finally came at home I had to pay about 40 euros extra. Which is really a lot if you know I paid 87 dollars for the lip kits and already a 20 dollar fee for the shipping. So I was really happy when I discovered that there is a Belgian girl who sells the Kylies in Belgium but more on that later. 

If you would decide to buy something on the Kylie Cosmetics site yourself, please keep in mind that it can take a while. I got the purchase confirmation on May 19th and I only got them at home on June 14th so I had to wait about a month to get them. And also, there can be extra costs. If you want to buy some, it might be smart to buy together with your friends because if there are costs, they will get less because you can share the costs. 

Now to which lipkits I bought. I did a lottt of research before deciding which Kylies I would buy. For example, I searched on the Kylie Cosmetics site, the Kylie Cosmetics Instagram and still another Instagram named ‘kylielipkitupdates’. This is great source to hear about the latest updates on the brand. They tell you which new products are coming and at which hour they will be sold. It’s really easy. Thanks to them I actually knew at which hour the lipkits would be online because they tell the different time zones.

The box which you get with your products is so nice!

So on the Kylie Cosmetics site I bought Candy K, Dolce K and Posie K. At first, I was really hesitating between Candy K and Dolce K because I thought that they were really pretty both. So when I was on the site, I didn’t know what to do and I just selected them both because I was so scared that when I would check out and pay, one of them wouldn’t be in my basket anymore because I would be too late but in the end I had them both but I really don’t mind. And I also chose Posie K, this was actually my first choice because it’s really a nice pink raspberry color, I love it so damn much. 

The products which I ordered at the Belgian girl.

I mentioned you before that I discovered that there is Belgian girl that sells the Kylie Cosmetics in Belgium. This is so easy because it doesn’t take a month to get it, I had in like two days I guess and you don’t have to pay any extra fees, you pay the right price. You can reach this girl on her Instagram which is named ‘kylieliptkitsalebelgium’ (-- Her IG seemed to have been deleted at the moment, which is really strange). From the moment I got my Kylies from the site itself, I immediately tried them out and as I liked them so much, I decided to buy some more so I bought some others with her and I chose for Marie Jo K, So Cute and Heir. 

Swatches from top to down: Dolce K - Candy K - Posie K - Marie Jo K - So Cute - Heir - So Cute & Heir mixed

I always thought that Dolce K and Candy K were much alike but actually they are not.. Dolce K has a deep beige nude color where Candy K has a warm pinky nude color. Dolce K is actually much more brown tinted and Candy K much more pink tinted. Personally I think I like Candy K more than I like Dolce K but I think I will wear Dolce K more when it’s winter because the color is quiet wintery.

Mattes: Dolce K - Candy K - Posie K - Marie Jo K

Posie K has a cool mid-tone berry color. When you look at the swatches, it seems like it is a darker tint of the Candy K. I think I like this color best. And then there’s also Marie Jo K, this is absolutely the prettiest red color you will ever meet! It’s true blue red. Very nice to wear with black clothes. 

Lipliner: Dolce K - Candy K - Posie K - Marie Jo K

I bought Dolce K, Candy K, Posie K and Marie Jo K in the lip kits for 29 dollars or 45 euros at the Belgian account each but you can also buy them separately now on Kylie's site. The gloss will cost you 17 dollars and the lipliner 14 dollars. I suggest to buy the lip kits because for a gloss and lipliner in one package, it doesn’t cost a lot at all. And your lips will be much prettier when you use the lipliner first and then the gloss. 

Gloss: So Cute
I also bought the So Cute gloss because this is a really light pale beige gloss which gives your lips a pretty natural glossy touch. Also the gloss really hydrates and moisturizes your lips while it also provides volume, like you had a lip job. This one costs 15 dollars on Kylie's site and 25 euros at the Belgian girl. 

Metal Gloss: Heir

My last Kylie purchase is Heir, this is the lightest tone of the metals. It has a gold metallic peach color. I paid 35 euros for it at the Belgian girl and on Kylie's site you can buy it for 18 dollars. I always wear Heir together with So Cute because it matches so well, you can see how it looks when you take a look a the last swatch on my arm at the picture above. You could also wear it over one of the mattes. 

Normally I’m really not into the whole Kardashian clan because I think they really get too much attention for nothing but I do have to say that since I have tried some Kylie Cosmetics products, I have started to appreciate Kylie and then definitely her work more. I think the products are really good and they have such a nice smell. There are really of lot of negative comments on her products. Like with the mattes, they are really matte and long stay but if you don’t want that then just don’t buy it and stop being so mean about it.

On this picture you can see how long the mattes stay. Even after showering and trying to scrub it off, it was still on my arm...

I think it's really nice that she keeps bringing out more make-up products. Like the ones for her birthday edition; Leo, the creme shadows and the eyeliner kit seem so nice. If I didn’t have to save some money for my Erasmus in Paris, I would definitely buy them. 

I hope this was a useful blog and I hope that it helps if you were thinking on buying some Kylie Cosmetics products. If you have any more questions on Kylie Cosmetics or something else, you can always reach me on my email: julie.vlhove@hotmail.com or per direct message on Instagram.

Comments