Traveldiary | Antwerp

On sunday morning two weeks ago, my mom and I were having breakfast and were thinking about what we were going to do later that day. We knew we didn't want to stay at home but then where should we go? Should we go to Knokke but we are always going there? Maybe Brussels or Antwerp? Then I started looking online if there was somewhere something to do and there was. In Antwerp, there was sunday-shopping. So we decided to go there as it was a long time ago that we visited the city. 

Groenplaats, Antwerp.

When we arrived in Antwerp, it was already about 12 o'clock so the perfect time to look for a place to have an apéro and have lunch. As the weather was great, we looked for a restaurant with a terrace in the sun. We ended up at Brasserie Flo where the food appeared to be delicious. 

After our lunch, we decided that we would walk around Antwerp a bit. We didn't really shop as my mom doesn't like buying clothes in other stores besides hers. We do buy shoes, a lot, especially because we have the same shoe size but then we didn't find any (*sad face*)! 

We did go to Uniqlo, otherwise known as Unique Clothing where my mom broke her never ending rule and bought some easy basic pieces for me, my dad and her. For people who never have heard about Uniqlo, it's a japanese fashionchain known to sell qualitative basic pieces at an affordable price which are avaidable in all the colors you can just imagine. 


At Uniqlo, I got two heattech t-shirts, one in nude and one in black, with long sleeves and two pairs of black socks. The heattech t-shirts are much needed for this winter as they help to keep you warm, I already tried them and they will do help. 


I couldn't visit Antwerp without stopping at the Ladurée-store but unfortunately it was closed so no jummy macarons for my tummy. I'm already over my macaron-addiction but if I have the chance to eat some, I will most certainly do. 


As we spend so much time eating and sitting in the sun at Brasserie Flo, we didn't have much time to do other stuff. But we didn't really mind, it was nice to enjoy some of the last sun rays of this fall and winter. 

I'm ending this blog, with some pictures of what I was wearing to visit Antwerp. 

OUTFIT
Sunnies - StyleRepertoire
Bag - Alexander Wang
Turtleneck, leather pants and coat - Atomium & Scipio Ghent
Boots - Maury Knokke 

Comments